There are just so many health benefits to drinking rooibos tea. Why not serve it for your guests as a welcome drink.
Here are 9 benefits of Rooibos Tea.
- Relieves Hypertension
- Aids the Respiratory System
- Good for the Bones and Teeth
- Boosts the Digestive Tract
- Improves the Skin
- Helps Prevent Type II Diabetes
- Promotes Healthy Hair
- Improves Blood Circulation
What is better on a hot summers wedding day than seeing the happy couple? Welcome drinks!
I always make my ice teas from rooibos teas because of al the health benefits. I have personally made a lot of ice tea in my life and they just keep on being a winner! You can experiment with all the different flavors. There really are unlimited options.
The HappySadBride Ice-Tea
4 rooibos tea bags
2 lemons – Cut into slices
3 twigs of mint leaves
150ml of tropical fruit concentrate (really up to you for how sweet you want it and of course you can use a sugar-free alternative aswell)
Grab your 2litre glass jug and insert your 4 tea bags in the jug. Pour 1lire boiling water in your jug. Let cool and insert your ingredients. Let stand for about 15 min before you add your chilled water to the mix. Stir well and serve with ice (remember to garnish) 😉
Classic Freshpak Iced Tea
4-6 tea bags into a jug.
Fill with 1litre boiled water & add sugar to taste.
Allow it to cool down completely.
Add sliced fruit & lots of ice
Your Rooibos Iced Tea can last for 2-3 days but it tastes best fresh!
Homemade Rooibos iced tea
2x Tea Bags Rooibos tea
500ml Boiling water
250ml Cold water
2 cups of crushed ice or ice cubes
Small Handful of fresh mint leaves
Coconut nectar or xylitol to sweeten to taste
1. Place the 2 teabags in a 1 litre glass jug and add 500mls of boiling water.
2. Allow the tea to steep for 15-20mins, stirring regularly.
3. Slice half of the lemon along the width into thin slices.
4. Squeeze the other half of the lemon.
5. Add the juice to the tea and water, stir and continue allowing it to steep
6. If necessary use Xylitol or coconut nectar to sweeten the tea to taste.
7. Remove both tea bags.
8. Add a handful of fresh mint leaves.
9. Add the 250mls of cold water and stir.
10. Add the two cups of ice.
Serve and enjoy.